Your Police Department Proudly serving the residents of the Town of Cicero, NY
Town of Cicero Police Department
When must child restraint seats be used?
- Children under the age of 4 and weighing less than 40 pounds must be in approved child safety seats. Children ages 4, 5, 6, and 7 must be properly secured in an appropriate child restraint system, such as a child safety seat, harness/vest, or booster seat. Seat belts are not designed for children under a height of 4 ft., 9 in. and do not protect small children. Your child should stay in a booster seat until the adult seat belt fits him or her properly. This is usually when your child reaches 4 ft., 9in. in height and is about 8-years-old. All passengers under the age of 16 must use seat belts. All front seat passengers, including the driver, are required to use a seat belt.
How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
- Police reports are available within 3-5 business days. The reports are available at the front desk of the Police Department Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. You can call ahead at 699-3677 ext. 220 to check to see if the report is available and it will be ready for you when you come. Copies of police reports are $.25 per page, cash only
How do I request a “Property Check” of my house/property?
- You can request a check of your house/property while you are away (vacation, etc.) by calling the Cicero Police Department or stopping in (Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.). You can also fill out the Property Check Form by clicking here email or mail it to the Cicero Police Department.
I want to come to the police station and speak with someone at the front desk. When can I do this?
- The Cicero Police Department operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The police department administrative offices are open Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and are closed on weekends. During administrative hours, there will be records personnel at the front office that you can speak directly with. You may also reach the police department front office by phone during those administrative hours. The phone number is (315)699-3677.
How do I obtain a pistol permit?
- Pistol permit applications are available from the Onondaga County Sheriff's Office. The forms are also online for you to fill out and print out to take to the Records Division.